Summary: This article will go over how to remove legacy X.400 addresses in bulk using Admodify. X.400 addresses were used in Exchange 5.5 and may not be required. However; removing the recipient policy for your X.400 address will not remove the addresses from your users.
To remove X.400 addresses in bulk:
1. Download Admodify
2. Launch Admodify.exe
3. Modify Attributes
4. Domain List = Choose your domain; Domain Controller = Select your DC
5. Click the Green Arrow
6. Double click your domain in the white pane. This will expand your OU list. You can highlight just the OU you wish your query or highlight the domain to work with all objects in your domain.
7. Click Add to list. This will enumerate your users in the right pane. Click Select All and next.
8. Click the Custom Tab.
9. Check "Make a Customized Attribute Modification"
Attribute name: proxyAddresses
Attribute value: X400:c=US;a= ;p=mycompany;o=FC;s=%'sn'%;g=%'givenName'%;
Note: You need to substitute p=mycompany and o=FC with your own values by checking an existing x.400 address of your user.
10. Check Multivalued Remove and click Go.
11. Verify by checking a user or check the XML log that was produced in the same directory of your admodify.exe file.
Note: Do not forget to delete or uncheck your recipient policy for your x.400 address in ESM.
James Chong (MVP)
MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+